Sunday, October 4, 2009

other projects to do with photoshop

Yes I use photoshop to enhance pictures, make digital scrapbok layouts, but I use it for EVERYTHING. I even use it in replacement for Microsoft Word sometimes.


Here is my list of things I do with it:

1.make business cards. In photoshop, I can turn the rulers and grids on, so that I can measure exactly how big each card should be. I can use differnt fonts, brushes, etc. to decorate it.
2.make Cards. I LOVE THIS. I make valentines card (see below), Halloween card, even our family Christmas Card. Why use a pre-set design from costco that everyone else might use. This way I know my design is unique.
3.Announcements like baby announcements.
4.Invitations. You can type all the details for where, when, etc. with cute picture and background design. Or check out these book labels or gift tags.
5.Labels for parties. I've made labels for an ice cream buffet one for the flavors, the condiments,etc). I've downloades FREE labels from eatdrinkchic.com, like this one below. And I printed it on sticky paper and adhered it to cute oil and vinegar bottles and gave it away as a gift.
6.I even use it to make "tickets" to a 'dinner-cruise-theme party' (see below). I print on a heavy cardstock, then cut them out.
And the list could go on. If you haven't purchased PSE by this point, think again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. You don't know me, but my name is Amber Mitchell. I came across your blog, so I bookmarked it because I use Photoshop as well and thought you might have some helpful ideas. I'm still learning, I don't know much. I do have a question for you. Have you downloaded any fonts from the internet, and if so, how did you do it? I can't figure out how to get them into microsoft word and photoshop once they're downloaded to my computer. Any ideas? My email is ambermitchell807@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I just emailed you, I hope it helps. You can also read my post from March 23rd, 2009. It gives you some directions as well.