Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bokeh and my new Nikon50mm f1.4






------------------------------------------------------------------Bokeh simply means when the background is blury....in otherwords, it is the out-of-focus area typically in the background. This allows the photo viewer to focus on the primary subject and not the distracting background.



So in the photos below, I wanted to get some Halloween pics of my daughter, but didn't want to travel for the 'photo shoot', so I did these in fron of my house, and using my new lens.......................the Nikon 50mm f1.4, which I love, it has such a high aperature, it is great for portraits. It allows the subject full focus and the background the BOKEH.












------------------------------------------------------------Now in this photo, because my daughter is standing very close to the background, then it is going to be in focus as well, though.












This lens is so fast, and is great for low light situations. I love the shallow depth of field it provides. I just have to get used to not zooming in, as it is set to f1.4.

No comments: